Terms and Conditions
These are the terms and conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") which apply to the use of this web site (this "Site") by you. The links below take you to the relevant sections on this page.
In these Terms and Conditions, references to "we", "us" and "our" are to London Pro Riders. Use of this Site is subject to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions you must cease use of this Site immediately.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time at our discretion, including (though not only) in response to any changes in law that may apply to our operations. However, any amended version of these Terms and Conditions will only apply after we have published that amended version on this Site.
1. COPYRIGHT, TRADE MARKS AND DOMAIN NAMES
You may copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the site content only if you are using the content to promote Join In Limited as a place in which to live, study, invest or visit. Any other use of the site content requires the prior written permission of the Join In Limited Team. Unauthorised use of this Site and its content may breach copyright and other intellectual property rights.
The Join In Limited may go to Court to enforce its rights if there is any unauthorised or undesirable use of the brand.
The domain name listed below is the property of London Pro Riders:
2. GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Accuracy of information
We do our best to ensure that all information on this Site is accurate. If you believe any of the information to be inaccurate, please let us know and where we agree with you, we will correct it as soon as practicable. However, we make no representations that any of the information on this Site is in fact accurate and up-to-date or complete, and accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused by the inaccuracy or incompleteness of the information on this Site. It is the responsibility of users of this Site who wish to act on the basis of information available on it, to check and verify that information themselves before acting.
Although we hope that this Site will be of interest to users, we make no representations and offer no warranties in relation to it and its content, to the fullest extent that such representations and warranties may be lawfully excluded.
Linking and other web sites
On this Site we do provide hypertext links to other web sites that are operated by third parties (i.e. people other than the Join In Limited project). Please note that using such a link means that you are leaving our Site, and we take no responsibility for, and make no representations and give no warranties in respect of, any web sites accessed through any such links from this Site. In addition, such third party websites may have data-collection, privacy and security policies that differ from those of Join In Limited, and you should consult such third party policies prior to proceeding. The Join In Limited Brand has no responsibility or liability whatsoever in connection with your use or your exchange of any information with such third party websites.
The information on this Site is not intended to address your particular requirements. Such information does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by us, and is not intended to be relied upon by you in making (or refraining from making) any specific decisions.
We make available all information on this Site free of charge, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for that information, or for any loss or damage suffered by you or anyone else, directly or indirectly, as a result of your use of this Site.
Governing law and dispute resolution
UK law shall apply to these Terms and Conditions, notwithstanding the jurisdiction where you are based. You irrevocably agree that the UK courts will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of, under, or in connection with these Terms and Conditions, and for these purposes irrevocably submit all such disputes to the jurisdiction of the UK courts. The place of performance of the contract created by your use of this Site subject to these Terms and Conditions shall be UK.
We make no representation and give no warranty that this Site, or any of the information available on it, complies with any laws other than UK law.
Failure by us to enforce a right will not result in a waiver of such right.
If any of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable by any court having authority to determine such issues, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected, and accordingly will remain in full force and effect.
You may not assign or transfer your rights under these Terms and Conditions.
3. WEBSITE CONTENT
The figures reproduced in this website are the most up to date available to the editorial team at the time of going to press (July 2009). While every effort has been made to ensure a high degree of accuracy the authors can make no guarantees as to the accuracy or reliability of information quoted.
4. TERMS AND CONDITIONS - FURTHER INFORMATION
Finally, should you have an enquiry about any aspect of these Terms and Conditions, or our use of your personal information, please contact us as follows:
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by post:, London Pro Riders, 197 West End Lane, West Hampstead London, NW6 2LJ
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ALL LONDON PRO RIDERS
CUSTOMERS TO READ!!!
Terms and Conditions:
- Payments: You must have paid the course fee before it starts. Payments can be made by cash/ to Head office dependent on your site of training. Once we have received your full payment or deposit we will confirm your course dates. Training dates may be lost if full payment is not received.
- Food. A packed lunch is advised for CBT, and suitable monies for a café lunch if you are on a full day training course other than CBT.
- Licence. On the day of your training, you must hold and be in possession of a UK driving licence, complete with the correct provisional category (including paper counterpart for photo card licences). You must bring your licence (both parts). If you have an old style UK licence with no photo card then you need to check it has the correct provisional category and importantly bring a valid in date passport to prove who you are. No other forms of licence or ID are acceptable. No copies are acceptable. Where held you will need to bring your Theory Test certificate and CBT certificate (DL196) once it has been issued. It is your responsibility to bring these documents to all training sessions that you attend. In failing to do so training may be terminated for that day and fees for that day will be lost. This may impact on your course and in your loosing entire course fees.
- Eyesight. You must be able to read a vehicle number plate from 20.5 meters (67 feet). If necessary aided by the use of glasses/contact lenses, which must be worn throughout training. London Pro Riders take no reasonability if this standard is not met and training fees may be lost.
- Highway Code. You must have read the Highway Code and have an understanding of the rules, regulations and traffic signs found within the Highway Code. Failure to do so may cause the training to be halted and thus loss of training fees may occur.
- Theory test (Not needed for CBT - Needed for full practical test). All motorcycle/moped test candidates must have a motorcycle theory test pass certificate a minimum of 10 working days before the practical element of the full licensing test can be taken. Motorcycle theory test should be booked direct on 0300 200 1122 or www.dsa.gov.uk. Recommended material is the DSA Official Motorcycle Theory Handbook.
- Practical Test/Theory test. If a candidate does not gain a motorcycle theory test pass certificate as in point 5. Then DSA cannot allow them to take their practical accompanied riding test. 14 Working days notice is required to move or cancel a test date once allocated. Failure to give specified notice will result in the test and session fee being forfeit and the customer will require to rebook and pay for a new session and test..
- Own Motorcycle. If you are using your own machine you must bring along proof of insurance, MOT certificate (if required), and current road tax. The Motorcycle must also be in a roadworthy condition. If you are attending a post CBT session, you must bring your valid CBT certificate with you for inspection.
- Clothing. London Pro Riders does have loan helmets, gloves and waterproofs. However you are required to wear sturdy trousers (Jeans), sturdy jacket, sturdy footwear that protects the ankle, leather gloves, and advisable if you can to bring your own your helmet if you have one.
- Attendance: You must attend all the scheduled days of training in full. Attendance requires you to attend on time so please allow for traffic and transport issues. As the courses are regulated by the DSA and have a set syllabus they can not be delayed or postponed for an individual. late attendance can lead to you missing your session and your fees being forfeit. You must take the test booked as part of your course. We cannot offer refunds or compensation for missed training sessions or test. If you do not attend elements of your time-tabled training your course may be terminated with no refund. Courses are sold as a whole and we can not offer refunds for part elements not attended.
- Re-test: If you should fail your test, you must take at least 1 further training session in each 3 week period whilst waiting for your re-test. Your next test must be taken within a maximum of 3 months or otherwise a full course will be required to train you to suitable standard, charged at full cost.
- Insurance: if training on one of London Pro Rider’s motorcycles you will be covered under our insurance, which is included in the course fee. Our insurance has £500 excess. As the rider of the motorcycle, in the case of accident or 3rd party damage you will be liable to pay the excess in the relation to the damage that is caused. London Pro Riders can waive the excess by the customer paying the CDW fee shown on price list before you train. This will exclude you from excess charges in the case of accident to the motorcycle or 3rd party damage. CDW cannot be bought after an accident has occurred.
- London Pro Riders is a road safety organisation - if at any time a student shows an unsuitable attitude, or demonstrates unacceptable risk taking or failure to comply with instruction that endangers themselves or others on the road, the course will be terminated at that point and fees forfeited. The instructor as a licenced DSA assessor has final decision in this matter. Additional training may at the company's discretion be arranged at the students full expense.
- London Pro Riders reserves the right to cancel a candidate's course or any element of training without refund - should an instructor, member of staff or any third party be subject to assault, abuse or threatening behavior from the candidate.
- Time gaps allowed in training. To ensure rider and instructor safety the maximum time gap between training events on a course is 3 weeks. After such time either a full CBT or off road familiarisation will be required at the discretion/request of the Company. Customers will need to pay for any such remedial training to bring them up to sufficient standard to continue with a course.
- Notice of cancellation. London Pro Riders require sufficient notice to cancel training courses or elements of a course. This allows us to comply with government legislation, to recoup any test fees, to attempt to resell a course to a third party customer or to reallocate the instructor and training resource elsewhere. If we do not receive sufficient notice of cancellation then the course or session will continue with a space available for you, regardless of your attendance. Fees will not be refunded unless notice (as specified below) is given. Refunds are subject to an administration charge.
- Definition of working days notice. Working days are Monday to Friday 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM and do not include Bank Holidays. Working days notice means allowing us at least the specified full working day(s) notice so as to reschedule. Notice must be given in a manner sufficient to be properly recorded and acted upon. i.e. telephone call direct to a sales advisor who will note the event on our computer systems.
E.g. If one working days notice is required, and notice is given on Monday - then this would be sufficient for a course or session on the Wednesday (one full working day in between). However if notice is given on a Friday then this would be sufficient for a course or session that is starting on the next Tuesday. Please allow for full working days, and allow for weekends and bank holidays.
- CBT refund. To receive a refund, less a 10% admin charge, a minimum of 5 working days notice is required. To move CBT date 3 working days notice must be given. Full payment would be required for rebooking of training if specified notice is not given.
- Full test course refund. Multi session courses or courses inclusive of a DSA practical test will require 14 working days notice to receive a refund less 10% admin charge or deposit - whichever is greater.
- Special offers. Some courses may be sold on special offers and have specific terms and conditions (including cancellation) stated in the offer of sale.
- Gift certificates. Can be refunded in full if notice is given within 14 days of purchase as stated in our "Money Back Guarantee".
Outside of Money Back Guarantee period no refund whatsoever can be made. Certificates may be transferred to a different recipient, subject to a 10% administration charge. Each Certificate has a one (1) year expiration date from date of issue. No refund, change of recipient or modification can be given when dates have been allocated to the course in part or whole. Any refund made must be to the original purchaser/card holder. Customers may use their certificate as part payment against courses of a higher value.
- Courses without dates allocated. We can offer a refund less 10% admin fee on any course or session that has not had dates allocated.
- Started courses. We cannot offer a refund or part refund for courses that have already started. Courses are sold as a block booked package and it is the responsibility of the customer to attend dates as booked or to give sufficient specified notice of cancellation.
- No fault non attendance. Should you be ill, injured or suffer any extenuating personal circumstances that precludes you from attending a course you have booked, you will still be required to pay the fee for the training and no refunds can be offered. London Pro Riders will as a matter of goodwill give receipt of your course and confirm non attendance so you may claim against any insurance you may have. London Pro Riders does not provide or offer any insurance for such circumstances.
- Guaranteed passes. Courses with a "Pass Guarantee" require full attendance on each specified date. The guarantee is invalid if you do not attend (in full) a training event that is part of your course.
- London Pro Riders/DSA cancellation or reschedulement of courses/sessions. London Pro Riders and the DSA reserve the right to alter course and test dates/times without notice. In the event that your dates or test has to be rescheduled due to adverse weather conditions or any extenuating circumstance, it will be rescheduled for the next available date. Refunds or compensation cannot be given for reschedulement, regardless of circumstance.
- Bookings of DSA Tests. On courses with a DSA practical test included, London Pro Riders will book a final practical test on your behalf with the Driving Standards Agency and include it as a part of your course. London Pro Riders can accept no responsibility whatsoever for the DSA's management, scheduling, cancellation or conduct of the test as it is an external exam entirely separate from London Pro Riders. DSA can and do cancel tests at short notice, have mechanical breakdown or examiner problems, relocate tests to different areas, move time and/or date, change the format and price. The list is not exhaustive. Whilst London Pro Riders where possible will try to manage and accommodate customer requirements we sadly cannot compensate for altered or cancelled tests or provide free of charge training or accompany to test where DSA do not provide compensation. If you do not wish London Pro Riders to manage the test booking element of your course then the customer is welcome to book and pay for their own test taking full responsibility to attend on appropriate bike and complying with all DSA regulations. Any use of London Pro Riders equipment, motorcycles or instructor time must be booked and paid for - specifically naming the DSA test number, time, location and date 5 weeks in advance to allow allocation.
NOTE: London Pro Riders sells complete courses for tuition. Once paid & confirmed, courses cannot be re-sold. CBT courses that are not PASS GUARANTEED.